Our anxiety and trauma counsellors are here to help you feel safe enough to begin understanding and confronting the source of your fear and avoidance. Below are the many kinds of fears we’ve helped people overcome through anxiety and trauma counselling.
- Social Anxiety: fear and avoidance of meeting new people, socializing in a crowd, and public speaking.
- Panic Attacks: overwhelming terror and belief that you could suddenly die at any moment.
- Phobias: fear and avoidance of flying, driving, animals, crowds, and other places or things.
- Traumas: witnessing or surviving assaults, childhood neglect, accidents, death, and violence.
Anxiety and Trauma: Do You Have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?
Trauma occurs when a situation or event overwhelms your ability to cope and leaves you feeling helpless and in fear of death, pain, loss, or violation of any sort. This can include single events such as accidents, assault, natural disasters or repeated events such as childhood abuse, neglect, combat, or domestic violence. Although not everyone will develop Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in response to these kinds of experiences, below are clues that you might be suffering from the effects of trauma.
- Re-experiencing the Trauma: intrusive memories, flashbacks, nightmares, and physical reactions.
- Avoidance: avoiding people, places, activities and thoughts that remind you of the trauma.
- Numbing: forgetting details of the trauma, feeling detached from others and emotionally numb.
- Increased Anxiety: sleep problems, concentration troubles, being constantly alert and jumpy.
- Other Mood Changes: guilt, shame, self-blame, hopelessness, mistrust, anger, feeling alone.
Anxiety Counselling and Trauma Treatment Helps By…
Our anxiety and trauma counsellors can help you regain your peace-of-mind using specific anxiety treatments and therapies. Anxiety counselling and trauma treatment is designed to help you:
- Explore your thoughts about the fear or trauma.
- Work through feelings of shame, guilt, and mistrust.
- Learn how to control physical reactions and intrusive memories.
- Improve your life and relationships beyond your anxiety.