Couples and marriage counselling help to ensure you both feel heard, understood, and respected. By encouraging each of you to express yourselves fully, you’ll have the chance to share feelings, thoughts, and hopes that you might not feel safe or able to express in your relationship. For many, this is all that’s needed for positive change to start unfolding.
- Feel safe and supported in sharing your full experience.
- Learn new ways to communicate your needs.
- Discover more about each others hopes and values.
Identifying and Removing Your Communication Barriers
By the time you want couples and marriage counselling, you’re probably at a point where you feel like you’ve “tried everything” to get your message across. You may have even both “shut down” and stopped trying to communicate to avoid stressful and painful arguments. Hidden communication barriers can be the at the root of these issues. Our couples and marriage counsellors can help you identify these barriers and teach you how to remove them.
- Learn effective ways to talk about and manage your differences.
- Feel less anger, frustration, hopelessness, and distance.
- Increase feelings of understanding and mutual support.
Helping You Rebuild Friendship, Trust and Intimacy
When there is frequent conflict and hurt, you can begin to feel a loss of trust in your partner. What can follow is a loss of intimacy and desire both emotionally and physically. After a while, it may seem like you’re both just living separate lives instead of feeling attracted and excited to be together. Through couples and marriage counselling, we can help you rebuild your trust and intimacy.
- Find ways to heal from past betrayal and hurt.
- Learn new skills to maintain your closeness over time.
- Rekindle the passion that you once shared.