We have put in place the following health and safety protocols to help keep you, our counsellors, and everyone’s families as safe as possible during in-person visits to our office.
General Infection Control Policies & Procedures
- Our waiting room is closed to minimize unnecessary close physical proximity.
- Clients are asked to wait outside the rear entrance of the building until 5 min prior to their scheduled appointments. Our counsellors escort clients directly to their offices and open and close all doors for them to avoid high touch surfaces.
- Family and friends of clients who are not attending sessions must wait outside or in their vehicles.
- Clients are screened for COVID-19 symptoms 12 hours prior and upon arrival. Clients are offered telecounselling options should they present at risk.
- We keep 10-15 min gaps in between appointments to sanitize all horizontal surfaces within six feet of the previous client and to circulate air.
- General office sanitation has been enhanced.
- Clients are asked to use their own restrooms before entering the building to help minimize the risk of contamination. Restrooms are still available for emergencies only.
- Our counsellors and staff screen themselves daily and refrain from entering our offices should they display any signs, symptoms, or known exposure to COVID-19.
- Should any counsellor have traveled outside the country, they are to self-isolate for 14 days prior to returning to seeing clients in-person.
- Any counsellor showing signs of illness at the office will remove themselves immediately and notify our Clinical Director.
- All our counsellors are supported in providing services remotely via telephone and telecounselling should the risk be too high for in-person services.
- Counsellors refrain from touching clients (e.g., handshakes, hugs, etc.) or sharing any physical items.
- All socializing takes place outside with adequate social distancing.
- Staff keep to a single office during their shift to lessen the risk of cross contamination.
Masks & Hand Sanitizer
- All staff and counsellors wear masks upon entering the office.
- All clients and anyone with them are required to wear masks when entering our offices.
- Extra masks are available should clients or staff forget their own.
- Hand sanitizer is provided at all entrances, exits, and individual offices.