Our services can be covered under most health insurance plans that cover the services of a Registered Psychotherapist, Registered Social Worker, or a Registered Psychologist. Please call your insurance provider ahead of time and ask the questions below:
- Do they cover psychotherapy or psychological services?
- What is the total amount of coverage you have left for the year (e.g., $500/year)
- What are the necessary credential requirements of the provider (e.g., a Registered Psychotherapist, Registered Social Worker, or a Registered Psychologist)
- How much is covered per session (e.g., 100%, up to a certain amount, etc.)
- Is a physician’s referral/note required?
- University of Guelph student benefit plans may cover up to 80% of the cost with a physician’s referral. Contact your student services to verify.
- Conestoga College student benefit plans may cover up to 70% of sessions. Contact your student services department to verify.