Our regular fees are below. Preferred methods of payment include credit card, debit, or e-transfer.
- $130/60min for individual counselling.
- $150/60min for couples and family counselling.
- Sessions may be extended past 60min at a fraction of the hourly rate (e.g., 90min).
We now offer reduced rates to people in the community who cannot afford our regular fees. These rates apply when choosing to see one of our counselling interns (i.e. a counsellor in training who is supervised by an experienced counsellor).
- $50/60min for individual counselling.
- $60/60min for couples and family counselling.
Our services are often reimbursable under extended health insurance plans which cover the services of a Registered Psychotherapist, Registered Social Work (MSW) or a Registered Psychologist. Before your initial session call your benefits provider and ask which are covered, how much you have available per year, and when your benefits renew.
When selecting your counsellor on our site, be sure to review their insurance info on their profile page to ensure it matches what your benefits cover. For example, if your benefits cover only a Registered Social Worker, be sure to check that you’ve selected a counsellor with the correct credentials. If you’re uncertain, please contact us anytime to confirm the counsellor’s credentials.
Payment is provided at the end of sessions and your counsellor will provide you with a receipt which you submit to your health insurance provider for reimbursement.
- Call your insurance provider before your initial session to verify you have coverage.
- Ask how much you have available per year and when your benefits renew.
- Ask if you are covered for the services of a Registered Psychotherapist, Registered Social Worker, or only a Registered Psychologist
What If You Need A Psychologist for Insurance Coverage?
If your insurance company only covers a Registered Psychologist and not a Registered Psychotherapist or Registered Social Worker then you can still be reimbursed since all of our counsellors receive supervision from a Registered Psychologist. Your counsellor would provide you with receipts from their supervising Psychologist that you would submit for reimbursement. The cost is $165/hr in this case since you are receiving the extra supervisory services of the Psychologist. This would be reimbursable according to your insurance plan.
- $165.00/60min for individual counselling if you require a Psychologist’s supervision for insurance coverage.
- $185.00/60min for couples and family counselling if you require a Psychologist’s supervision for insurance coverage.