Personal counselling and psychotherapy involve a unique healing relationship that you won’t find elsewhere in your life. Your counsellor and psychotherapist is focused on helping you feel heard, understood, and respected. Most importantly, they’re also ethically and legally bound to keep what you share private and confidential (see FAQ for limits to confidentiality).
- Feel the freedom of sharing vulnerable details without the fear of being judged.
- Experience the safety and trust you need to fully be yourself.
- Feel immediate relief in sharing your struggle with someone who understands.
Treating the Cause and Not Just Symptoms
Personal counselling and psychotherapy helps you identify what might be causing your distress whether you’re struggling with depression, anxiety, grief, or other life challenges. Our counsellors and psychotherapists can help you see unconscious habits, patterns, or life circumstances that may be at the root of your issue. They will also help you discover and apply your strengths and capacities toward changing them.
- Gain a clearer understanding of why you feel or act the way you do.
- Increase your confidence and ability to help yourself.
- Discover new options and solutions in moving through your issue.
Teaching You Skills and Preventing Problems
Counselling and psychotherapy help you try out new ways of thinking, feeling, and relating that can improve your mental health and relationships. Our counsellors and psychotherapists will help you walk away with useful tools and skills that you can apply long after your counselling is over. This way, you’ll be able to confidently and successfully overcome new challenges as they arise in your life.
- Increase your motivation to make lasting changes.
- Enhance your resilience in the face of future challenges.
- Gain helpful tools and skills that you can apply elsewhere in your life.